Tips and tricks to save the world and a buck or two:
Written by: Janani Shah
- Plant a vegetable garden in your backyard.
- Switch all or most of your light bulbs to LED or CFLs.
- REUSABLE REUSABLE REUSABLE.. Say no to disposable plastics!
- Use reusable bags when making trips to the grocery store.
- Use reusable water bottles. Save $500 a year.
- Use cold water when doing laundry and run your dishwasher only when it's full.
- Turn off lights when they aren't needed.
- Turn off and unplug all electronic devices that aren't being used, including laptops. You will save around $100 a year on your electricity bill.
- Dedicate one day in your week to your errands. Get everything done in one trip.
- Local grocery store or post office less than a mile away?! Walk or bike. Its economically friendly and good for your health.
- Switch to renewable "green" power sources and make your home or business an energy star! Call us to learn more!
- eCycle your old electronics by taking them to an electronic recycling center. Find a location near you: Electronic Recycling Center
- Leaky Faucet?! Fix it immediately... literally losing money down the drain.
Tip of the Day: